I have updated the calendar, the Dog Show page and the Members Only page.
I'd love to have some electronic photos to post on our dog shows page (and catch up on all the past events missing from that page). I will begin bringing my computer to the meetings so I can transfer photos from your camera memory cards, USB flashdrives or from CDs
There is a lot of information being given at meetings as to completing projects, and if I can I will try to blog it in the future but please do not rely on me giving you all the info you need-this website is a supplement, not a replacement for attendance. I have been having computer trouble and now that my computer is working our internet accesss is down. I am writing this from my parents' house in Naples so I will be offline again tomorrow when I return home. I can check email on my phone but cannot open attachments, view pics, or read long emails.
Congratulations to our members who earned Blue Ribbons at County Events! Good luck at District.
Here are some urgent requests from Liz, and some reminders:
1. Please email Liz ( email@example.com ) if you are going to the cat show so she can figure out the expenses.
2. If you are going to DIstrict Events you need to mail your talk to Liz ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for comments. She wants you to freeze your talk withing the week so that you can practice enough not to be reading your talk from your notecards. You will also need to set up a practice session with Jean Rogalsky at the 4-H office by April 17th, I think.
3. You should have 3 activities completed in your Project Book or have your Monthly Log Sheets from August through December completed for the meeting this week. Don't wait until the last minute to do your project work! Dog Project Records will be given out at a future meeting, but the info for them comes mostly from your logsheets, which is why we created them for you.
4. If you are going to the Manatee County 4-H Invitational, you will need to show up-to-date logsheets to Liz in order for her to sign your entry form. Deadline for early entries is April 25th. The link for the entry forms is posted on the Dog Show page.
5. Please email all show results--4H & AKC to Liz so she can write her Pawscripts (DTCSP newsletter) article for April.
6. Changes may be forthcoming for the 4-H rate for DTCSP classes. At the least, expect to account directly to the DTCSP for your volunteer activities just as their club members do by keeping an activity card at the front desk.
7. Please have your friends who want to be new members for next year need wait until after projects are turned in to come to meetings. The aboundance of info over the next couple of months will be be very confusing for them and we need to stay focused during meeting time.
8. Please make sure that your family and guests entering the DTCSP building is appropraitely dressed and wearing close-toed shoes. Also, remind them that this is a training club and there is no running or horseplay allowed.
That's all I can remember for now, working without my notes. I hope everyone had a fun Spring Break and is ready to get back to work!