So you want to
join the club?
That's great! We'd love to have you! However, we do ask that you keep some things in mind...
- 4-H is a lot of fun. But it's also a lot of HARD WORK!
- It's a major TIME commitment! We have lots of events that we go to every year. Sometimes more than once a month! So that means some of your weekends will have to be taken up by dog stuff. Some of these are MANDATORY as we need every representative of our club present.
- You also have to work with your dog EVERY day -- not just once a week. This is very important because this is what creates PROGRESS in the ring!
- This is a FAMILY affair! We ask that parents (and sometimes even siblings) also volunteer and help out and come to our events as well.
- 4-H requires that each year the member completes a project. That means: giving an illustrated talk in front of a crowd, keeping records of everything spent on the dog during the year, making goals and reflecting on them at the end of the year, creating a poster, and even completing a book full of fun activities. That's a lot of work that requires good TIME MANAGEMENT skills!